It is assumed that it was built in 1821. During the Ottoman era here was housed the Urban and Regional Administration (Konak), and after 1913., when Melnik remains part of Bulgaria, became a Government building. Later used as a school building and then in 1972 after the new school was build, it became school boarding house. "Konak" in Turkish means house of a wealthy Turk, overnight accommodation or police station. In that era the melnik representative of the turkish government was situated in the Konak, from where he performed administrative activities.