Kalimantsi is located 33 kilometers southeast of the town of Sandanski, 17 km from the Bulgarian-Greek border. Interesting tourist sites in the village are Kalimanska River, church "St. Nicholas", built in 1845 (which is a cultural monument), the new chapel “St. George”. In the southwest there are traces of a prehistoric settlement. Thracian necropolis was discovered and preserved bridge on Kalimanska river of Thracian and Roman times. In 1972, near the village was found a head of a prehistoric mammal from the Early Miocene. In 2001, it was discovered that the bones are of a new kind, unknown until now. Therefore was called Kalimantsia bulgarica.