The church is located southwest of the city center. It was built in 1840 and has very beautiful and historically valuable objects such as painted iconostasis, pulpit, bishop's throne, decorative frescoes, icons and more. Impressive are the icons "Introduction to the temple" from the second half of the XV century and "Nativity of Virgin Mary" from the XVII centuries. In the temple there is a marble slab on which are depicted the Apostles Peter and Paul. The Episcopal throne located in the church is the only one in Bulgaria metropolitan throne of XIX century. The church was declared a cultural monument of national importance.